Fort Wayne Plan Commission Calendar Change
Effective in June 2018 the Fort Wayne Plan Commission will start the public hearing at 5:30 p.m. instead of 6:00 p.m. The revised calendar can be found here.
Site Plan Routing Review Process
Changes have been made to the site plan review process. Please review this guide to see the new filing options. Site Plan Review Process Submittal Guide.
Fort Wayne Zoning Ordinance Gas Station Uses Amendment
The Fort Wayne Plan Commission will hold a public hearing on proposed amendments to the Fort Wayne Zoning Ordinance intended to address issues identified by the Common Council relative to gas station uses, by:
- Addressing the number of special uses for gas stations available in the existing zoning districts;
- Clarifying how existing nonconforming gas station uses will be treated;
- Updating the Special Use tables as needed; and
- Clarifying the definitions of “convenience store” and “gas station” to differentiate between the two uses.
The hearing on these proposed amendments will be held on Monday, January 7th at 5:30 p.m. in Room 035 on the Garden (Basement) Level of the Citizens Square building; a redlined version of the proposed amendments is below:
Fort Wayne, Allen County, Huntertown and Woodburn Zoning Ordinances
- Allen County Zoning Ordinance - Effective 1/1/2018
- Fort Wayne Zoning Ordinance - Floodplain Amendment - Effective 8/8/2018
- Huntertown Zoning Ordinance - Effective 1/1/2018
- Woodburn Zoning Ordinance - Effective 3/3/2018
Considering a New Project?
Our Mission is to provide professional, responsive, efficient and cost-effective government and community services to provide assistance to and improve the quality of life of the people in Allen County.
As of March 3rd 2008 the Fort Wayne Land Use Management and Zoning Department and the Allen County Department of Planning Services became one department. Our office hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 AM till 5:00 PM. If you have questions about the new permit or about changes to department processes please contact our office at (260) 449 - 7607.