Allen County business owners have known that Allen County offers a great environment in which to do business, but in 2012, Area Development Magazine in its Leading Locations issue ranked the Fort Wayne MSA 51st overall out of 365 MSAs for economic and job growth. Allen County within the Northeast Indiana region is a sought after location for new and existing companies to expand their operations.
Businesses find it advantageous to locate and expand in Allen County due to:
- Quality labor force and workforce development resources to assist in the recruitment of qualified workers
- Access to major markets from a centralized location with good highway access
- Access to Fort Wayne International Airport with direct flights to several major cities
- Competitive tax structure with no inventory or gross receipts tax
- Affordable real estate and comparatively low property taxes
- Excellent public schools, colleges, and universities with nationally recognized programs and degrees
- Outstanding infrastructure and transportation systems
- Home to a variety of fine arts, sporting, and recreational activities and facilities.
Our partners at Greater Fort Wayne Inc. provide the most up to date information on Allen County. Below is a link to the community profile.