The Allen County Building Department will be opening to the public on Monday May 18th at 8am with some new procedures to ensure physical distancing.
1.We will be closed from 12:00pm to 1:00pm Monday through Friday for cleaning and sanitation.
2.We ask that all contractors continue to use the online permitting process if possible.
3.There will be a 3 permit limit per visit.
4.There will be a maximum occupancy posted for our lobby.
Building Department Commissioners Monthly Updates
|Current folder: building_department|
|File name||Size||Last changed|
|Remodel CAP SOPs 01.08.19.pdf||767 KB||01-16-2019|
|When an AE letter is required.pdf||191 KB||01-04-2019|
|Commissioners Corner December 18.doc||71.5 KB||12-28-2018|
|Update on permit delays.pdf||70.1 KB||01-16-2019|
|Renewal Letter 2018.doc||69.0 KB||12-19-2018|
|Appeal process.doc||47.5 KB||01-09-2019|
New 2018 Residential Code is now in effect as of Dec. 26, 2019
Contractors take notice of these building Permits:
- ALLEN COUNTY INDIANA BUILDING APPLICATION
- ALLEN COUNTY INDIANA ELECTRIC AND SIGN APPLICATION
- ALLEN COUNTY INDIANA HEATING AND NON SANITARY APPLICATION
- ALLEN COUNTY INDIANA PLUMBING AND NON SANITARY APPLICATION
The Building Department was created to administer and enforce building, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical, plumbing, sanitation, sign codes and standards, to provide minimum standards for the protection of life, limb, health, environment, public safety and welfare, and for the conservation of energy in the design and construction of buildings and structures.
What We Do:
- Issue Contractors Licenses and Registrations
- Issue Building Permits
- Issue Certificate of Occupancy
- Minimum Housing Inspections
- Sponsor Prometic / ICC Tests
- Sponsor Prometic / ICC Contractor Test
- Sponsor Prometic / ICC Electrical Test Master and Journeyman
- Sponsor Prometic / ICC HVAC Test Supervisor and Journeyman
- Sponsor Prometic / ICC Non Sanitary Piping Supervisor and Journeyman
Current Codes used in Allen County
- General Administrative Rules: (675-IAC-12 GAR)
- Indiana Building Code: (675-IAC-13 IBC) Based on: 2012 International Building Code (1st printing) with Indiana Amendments, Effective December 1, 2014.
- Indiana Residential Code: (675-IAC-14-4.4) Based on: 2018 International Residential Code (1st printing) with Indiana Amendments, Effective December 26, 2019
- Industrialized Building Systems: (675-IAC-15 ISB) Effective May 15, 2003
- Indiana Plumbing Code: (675-IAC-16 IPC) Based on: 2006 International Plumbing Code with Indiana Amendments, Effective December 24, 2012
- Indiana Electrical Code: (675-IAC-17 IEC) Based on: 2008 National Electrical Code (1st printing) with Indiana Amendments, Effective August 26, 2009
- Indiana Mechanical Code: (675-IAC-18 IMC) Based on: 2012 International Mechanical Code (1st printing) with Indiana Amendments, Effective December 1, 2014
- Indiana Energy Conservation Code 2010 (ASHRAE 90.1 2007 edition, as amended)
- Indiana Swimming Pool Code: (75-IAC-20 ISPC) Based on: 1989 Indiana Swimming Pool Code with Indiana Amendments, Effective April 24, 2011
- Indiana Safety Code for Elevators, Escalators, Man lifts and Hoists: (675-IAC-21 SCEEMH) Based on: ASME A18.1, 2005, Effective April 13, 2011
- Indiana Fire Prevention Code: (75-IAC-22 IFC) Based on: 2012 International Fire Code, (1st printing) with 2008 Indiana Amendments, Effective December 1, 2014
- Indiana Supplementary Fire Safety Rules: (675-IAC-24 SFSR) Effective May 17, 2003
- Indiana Fuel Gas Code: (675-IAC-25 IFGC) Based on: 2012 International Fuel Gas Code (1st printing), with Indiana Amendments, Effective December 1, 2014
Code Books may now be purchased on line at www.iccsafe.org then select the product store
RULES AND REGULATIONS - Thirteenth Addition Effective 5-7-2003 - click here to download or purchase it at our office for $10.00 per copy.
FEE SCHEDULE CHANGES
The Board of Directors for the Allen County Building Department has amended the fee schedule for permits. The new fee schedule will take effect January 1, 2016. Click here to review the new fee schedule.
We now accept credit card payments for over-the-counter purchases.
Call for Comments on Rules and Regulations
Please watch our website as well as our FB page for updates and posting of a revised draft once commentary is closed.